27 January, 2009

New Teapots

I have started 2 new teapots and today I have attached a handle and a spout to both of them. Both have the same body, but handles and spouts are different. I took pictures to see if I still like what I did tomorrow morning. I am planning to fire them in the wood firing I'm attending in April. I'll put some slip deco on one and the other one I will leave bare, so I can see what the firing will do with the different surfaces. That will be interesting to see!

#1:




and #2:




Oh, yeah, and more chili bowls - this time with blue slip :) I glazed the insides transparent, so you get the rough slip texture outside and the smooth surface on the inside:



4 comments:

  1. Wow i just discovered your site, i absolutely love the tea pots, i love the handles on both and the spouts on both, both different and unique. Well done! i wish i had a bigger kitchen. you have to upload some pix once they are finished. Just one question, how does one pour in the water and tea bags?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your teapots, can't wait to see them fired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the tea pots! I would buy them,..they could be at an art show for sure, very unique and pretty and just lovely...ready for a tea party! I can't wait to see what they look like with glaze. OMG and you need to make little matching tea cups too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Gavin: they are not finished yet. I will throw a strainer with a lid and hopefully cut out an opening for them tomorrow (if the throwing and lid fitting works out :). On the other hand, I'm not sure if they are not too big for tea pot. I bet they could easily fit 10 cups of tea, if not more. Maybe I should just get rid of the strainer idea and take it from there. But I'll see tomorrow what I'll do!

    @ Linda: Thanks for the compliments! Let's wait and see how they will turn out after the wood firing in April!

    @ Tanja: I'll see about the tea cups *LOL*. Since these "tea pots" turned out SO huge, I'm sure MUGS will work just fine *heehee*!

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete