12 February, 2009

Vase turned into a teapot

I've been working on a teapot - that was supposed to be a vase, but after I threw it, it became just a boring vase. So I turned it around, put a bottom on it, cut off the top, made a lid out of it, attached a spout and a handle and some decoration. Ever since my teacher looked underneath one of my pieces and noted that it wasn't finished and looked sad I try to add detail, where one might not look at first, but once he examines the piece; the inside and the bottom.

Et voila:





7 comments:

  1. OMG you rock my world! I love it...for some reason I think all your stuff looks like it could be in loonytown at Disneyworld or in a Dr Seuss book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, let's see what will happen after glazing...

    Thx, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bring up a good point about finishing the bottom, inside and outside. What a great teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool - pottery and the machine! I love the rivets...

    ReplyDelete
  5. psssssst! there's no CUTE in this studio... we have developed different words, like "special"... and I just heard somebody say "adorable"!

    thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete